- 1 Cup of Almonds (soaked in cold water over night)
- 3 Cups of Water
- 1 Teaspoon of Sweetener (optional)
Here’s what to do:
- Soak the almonds over night or for 8 hours.
- Rinse the almonds and throw away the water.
- Place almonds in blender and add 3 cups of cold water. Blend until you get a white “milky” solution.
- Using a cheese-cloth, strain the milk (I used the instrument on the picture, this is what we use in Venezuela to filter coffee..it works just fine!); place cloth over a deep bowl and pour the almond milk; the liquid should go through and the cloth should retain the leftover shredded almonds. Squeeze out as much milk as possible.
- Place in sealed container and refrigerate!
With the leftover shredded almonds you can make Almond Flour:
- Place the shredded almonds in the oven at 180 C for about 20 minutes, until dry and toasted.
View original post 49 more words